Novel Coronavirus COVID-19
With cases of COVID-19 being reported in the Ottawa area, the situation is evolving rapidly. At SFMH, we are maintaining close contact with public health, and taking recommended precautions.
- We must continue to look after the safety of our vulnerable patients, so therefore have restricted visiting to our palliative care patients only.
- Some SFMH clinics have been cancelled. If you have fever and symptoms of respiratory infection, or if you have vomiting or diarrhea, please call the clinic in advance and ask if you should still attend your appointment.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath), please self-isolate and contact the Renfrew County District Health Unit 613-735-8653, extension 577, as soon as possible.
Protect yourself and your family:
To reduce the spread of germs including the flu and the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) it is recommended that you:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just washed your hands with soap
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hand
- If possible, stay home if you are sick
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick
- Get your flu shot if you haven’t already, as the flu virus is still circulating in the community
For the latest information and updates, visit the Ontario Ministry of Health: The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) at https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus